ALCEDIAG develops diagnostic solutions, patient stratification solutions and companion tests on the market, in addition to predictive tests for drugs to anticipate possible adverse psychiatric side effects. Its patented technology focuses on epigenetics and more particularly on the analysis of RNA editing, with a primary focus on psychiatric disorders. ALCEDIAG’s highly innovative and patented technology includes a panel of molecular biomarkers making it possible to perform the psychiatric diagnostic of patients and manage treatments using common, easy to collect blood samples using NGS (Next Generation Sequencing).
ALCEDIAG recruits a specialist in database development/architecture in the framework of a collaborative European project including a large consortium.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the design, development and management of the consortium's common database comprising data and knowledge on CNS & PNS adverse effects. The candidate will work with the other members of the bioinformatics/IT Alcediag department in close collaboration with biologists and other european members of the consortium.
A MSc or PhD degree in computer science, or equivalent technical subject with at least three years’ experience in a similar role. A qualification (e.g. MSc) in biomedical sciences or bioinformatics is a plus.
- Analyse and formalise the needs of members of the consortium.
- Plans, designs, codes, tests and implements the database.
- Maintenance and adding new features.
- All technical aspects: front-end, back-end and database.
- Establishment of standard data flow exchange with members of consortium.
- Write technical reports and developing new SOPs.
- Participate in the technology watch of the team, keeping up-to-date with advances in computer science.
Knowledge and Skills Needed for the Job
- Fluent in English.
- A high level knowledge of relational (SQL) database systems.
- A high level knowledge of an object-oriented programming language (C ++, Java).
- Knowledge of MVC model.
- Knowledge of the GIT versioning tool.
- Good experience in Unix/Linux computing environments.
- A good level of skill experience in at least one script programming language (Python).
- Programming in R and knowledge of Rmarkdown and Shiny packages is a plus.
- Knowledge of KNIME software is a plus.
- Reactivity, dynamism, self-sufficient, organisational reporting and initiative.
- Know to plan and meet deadlines.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to communicate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional, strong analytical and summarizing skills.
- An industrial experience is a plus.
Location: Montpellier, France
Employment type: CDD (36 months)
Job hours: Full time
Start date: The position is immediately available and will be allocated as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Laboratory: ALCEDIAG / Sys2Diag
Address: Cap Delta – Parc Euromédecine – 1682 rue de la Valsière – 34184 Montpellier Cedex 4
Please send cover letter, CV, and references to : firstname.lastname@example.org