Alcediag recruits a Data Scientist/Computational Biologist to strengthen its activities bioinformatics and NGS analysis. The ideal candidate will work with the other members of the bioinformatics department in close collaboration with biologists and clinicians. The main activities will focus on NGS data analysis, development of ours artificial intelligence and RNA editing platforms.
- Analyse and formalise the needs of biologists.
- Perform bioinformatics and biostatistical analysis of laboratory data.
- Implementation, test and design of automated analysis, update and improvement of informatics pipelines
- Development of new bioinformatics tools to address the needs of new emerging projects.
- Write technical reports and developing new SOPs and improving existing ones.
- Participate in the technology watch of the platform, keeping up-to-date with advances in genome informatics and computer science.
A MSc or PhD degree in computer science, or equivalent technical subject plus a subsequent qualification (e.g. MSc) in biomedical sciences or experience in genomics or a degree in the biomedical sciences plus either a subsequent qualification (e.g. MSc) in bioinformatics or equivalent, and at least five years’ experience in a similar role.
- A high level knowledge of biological data processing methods from high-throughput technologies, in particular of next-generation sequencing (RNAseq, epigenomics…)
- A high level of skill relevant experience in at least one programming language (particularly Python and Shell scripting)
- Programming in R.
- Good notions of statistic applied to biology.
- Good experience in Unix/Linux computing environments.
- Skills and understanding of Nextflow pipelining systems and Docker is a plus.
- Knowledge of the GIT versioning tool (Gitlab, CI/CD).
- Knowledge of the latest Web technologies: REST-API is desirable.
- Knowledge in artificial intelligence is a plus.
- Regulatory knowledge in medical software development is a plus (IEC62304, IVDR 2017/746…)
- Reactivity, dynamism, self-sufficient, organizational capacity and initiative.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to communicate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional, Strong analytical and summarizing skills.
- An industrial experience is a plus.