ALCEDIAG initially focused on RNA editing modifications in the brains of patients who committed suicide, thus discovering a biological brain signature for depression and suicide, based on the identification of RNA editing biomarkers.
ALCEDIAG then focused on blood biomarkers signatures and has been conducting several clinical studies to assess the performance of these signatures in different settings and for different mental disorders. More than 800 patients have been tested, primarily for bipolar disorder, depression and suicidal behaviors.
ALCEDIAG clinical studies main outcomes include that our biological signatures can:
- Discriminate between patients with bipolar disorder, depression and healthy controls;
- Discriminate between patients with or without suicidal tendencies;
- Vary during the follow-up periods alongside with the patients’ clinical conditions;
- Evolve in time periods as short as a few days;
- Allow the stratification of patients.
For more information about our latest results, please contact us.